Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray....

The girl turned one. What do you do with a one-year old on her birthday when it's rainy and freezing outside? We participated in several of her favorite pasttimes: we walked around the grocery store, so she could smile at everyone who came near and say "hhhhi!"; we let her sit in her big-girl (aka forward-facing) car seat; we sang "Happy Birthday" more times in one day than I think I ever have before; we had people over for her to play with, stare at, and jabber to; we let her dig into a super-sized piece of chocolate cake; and last, but not least, we spoiled the girl rotten. Below is the photographic evidence. Enjoy.


Don't you love cousin K's face in this photo?










4 comments:

Shannon said...

They grow up so fast, don't they! All the cousins are so cute together. Cathy looks like a happy Grandma! Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Kristina said...

That is what I look like after I ate my birthday cake too! Happy Birthday you little cutie!

Unknown said...

I just love how her outfit and cake were color-coordinated.

Rodriguez Family said...

a girl and her cake, should it be any other way?! Thanks for having us over!