Sunday, June 26, 2011

Planes, Trains, and.....Buses?


We took a quick trip to see the sights in Washington D.C. and enjoy some family time together.
We flew there, directly through a storm. Needless to say, it was the most turbulent flight I have ever been on, leaving me feeling pretty nauseous. Sophia, however, loved it and would just yell "Woah!" and smile everytime the plane bumped. Not sure our sleeping neighbors appreciated it, but I definitely prefered it over a crying/screaming 2.5 year old. When not busy shouting praises of our ride, Sophia enjoyed a movie.

Once we got to the metro, we took a hotel shuttle, aka a bus. Sophia was so excited that I'm pretty sure we could've just ended our trip right there and she would have been completely satisfied.
While there, we used the Metro train to get around. As someone whose never used public transportation like that before, I was really impressed with how clean and easy it was to use, especially since we had Curtis with his navigational skills to get us around.

Every time we went down into the metro stations, Sophia would say "I go see a movie!" because it was so dark and apparently she correlates that with the movies. Having a two year can make the most mundane things a lot more entertaining.

1 comment:

C7 said...

LOVE your posts!
I'm glad you guys had fun!