Monday, March 1, 2010

Trash Digger

The girl is always looking for new and exciting things to entertain herself. A while back, she discovered playing in the kitchen trash. I didn't mind much as she was just picking up wrappers, boxes, and throwing them on the ground. It entertained her for a few minutes so I could cook dinner, do dishes, etc. But last week that all changed. I cut the fat off some chicken and threw it away. As I was doing a few other things the girl was playing around in the kitchen. Then, I turn around and see her holding a piece of raw chicken fat in her hand--SICK. Luckily, I got it out of her hand before she made mouth-contact. The events did inspire the purchase of this shiny, new trashcan WITH A LID. Best 20 bucks we've spent in a while.

4 comments:

Miss Badonkadonk said...

Just wait until she learns to open it and sarts throwing things away that are not trash. Forks, sippy cups, important papers...Then you get to be the trash picker. :)

Rodriguez Family said...

gotta agree with Emily-it's not pretty, but we've all done it!

Charlotte said...

That is awesome!! :)

C7 said...

what a cute outfit! she's getting so BIG!